Warning!

Warning!

My work is typically not worth stealing, but should the temptation arise, know this: I will call forth every egregious creature I can find to track you to the edges of the earth and rend your tender flesh from your cracked bones to feed the vultures you mimic so well!

Not to be unkind or anything...just sayin'

Monday, November 8, 2010

I am soooo done!

I've finished the last of my three poems...yay me and whatnot....
anyway, here it is:

Done

                                                              
Just beneath the silver sky
Shredded clouds go flitting by
The crow glides past, then the hawk
They know it’s on Death’s door you knock
You the little mouse we’re mourning
You who offered us no warning
The world cut deep, so you cut deeper
Deep enough to greet the reaper
With skin quite thin you covered well
The bone frame of your empty shell
No heart, no mind, and now no shame
Since you’ve left all of us the blame
Just where did you think that you would go
Once your blood had ceased to flow
We would not be waiting there
To hear you moan of your despair
You wrote that you could just not find
The happiness and peace of mind
That you imagined we all had
Because we did not sound as sad
But fool you were and fools we too
So the last word you wrote is our last adieu
goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment