Warning!

Warning!

My work is typically not worth stealing, but should the temptation arise, know this: I will call forth every egregious creature I can find to track you to the edges of the earth and rend your tender flesh from your cracked bones to feed the vultures you mimic so well!

Not to be unkind or anything...just sayin'

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

...naked tree in winter...

The object of the game was to begin our writing with the words: If I were a
Then, we had to randomly pick a slip of folded paper which held one of seven prompts. I got naked tree in winter.


If I were a naked tree in winter, with my slender branches trembling in the breeze, would you peer through your window at the edge of an icy dawn and still think me beautiful? I would still admire your grace if I were such a tree. My roots would hold fast to the center of your earth and each tiny twig twist and stretch to touch you once more. You could rest in the shadow of my strength, cool your hot skin against my frosted bark. And though the glory of my summer face lay half-rotted beneath the snow, I could dream you loved me still. And you'd have loved me and have kept me and have put the old axe down.

No comments:

Post a Comment